04 August 2014

A napless Answer Me This

I'm late with Answer Me This this week, courtesy of a non-napping Little Bear yesterday. Two out of the last four days, Little Bear did not nap at all, no matter what I did, no matter how long I tried. He is so not old enough to give up naps; my sanity won't survive it! I'm so, so grateful that he IS napping today, and that Matt was home yesterday to help me deal with the non-napper and to take us all to the park so that I could get out of the house and Little Bear could run around and hopefully get tired out. It didn't wind up making him take a nap, but we all had fun and I definitely needed it.

1. When driving, are you more likely to listen to the radio, to CDs or an iPod, or nothing at all?
Nothing at all. I definitely prefer quiet! If Little Bear is having a particularly hard time being happy, I'll turn on a CD of music he likes. Occasionally, if I'm the only one in the car and I'm sitting in a parking lot waiting for someone, I'll listen to the radio.

2. Do you prefer window or aisle?
Window, so that I can close it! I always get headaches from the glare of the sun on the wings or on the lower clouds.

3. Do you fall asleep on your side, back, or stomach? What position are you in when you when you wake up?
I saw that this would be a question last week, so I spent all week trying to figure out the answer. I'm still not sure how I wake up, probably because I'm usually half-awake and trying to deal with Little Bear, but I do know that it's really hard for me to fall asleep if I'm not laying on my stomach.

4. When is the last time you attended a zoo, circus, carnival, county fair, or parade?
Two years? We didn't go to the fair last year. It's being held this week, and I think we're planning to go on Friday. None of us are interested in rides, and we're trying to convince ourselves that we aren't going to get any of the awful-for-us food, but I want to see the sewing and canning entries, Matt is hoping to find some photos of Alaskan wilderness, and we think Little Bear will like seeing the animals.

5. Do you have a favorite quote or inspirational saying?
Not really... If I can't think of any quotes without asking Google or flipping through a book, I don't think I can classify anything as a favorite. I probably would if I wasn't so tired; ask me again in a few years, when any children are sleeping through the night and taking proper naps.

6. What's the best thing about summer?
Being able to send kids outside without layers of gear! When it was in the low 40s the other week and I wanted to put light mittens on Little Bear before sending him out to play with his aunt, it took a ridiculous amount of time because by the time I had one on, the other was off. Adding snowpants, boots, a hat, and a heavier coat once we reach late October is going to make every trip out the door such an undertaking. And I'll be doing it a lot, because as long as it's above -20 F (and probably when it's colder, depending on how much of a wimp I am that day), kids need to get outside at least for a little bit each day so that no one goes crazy.


1 comment:

  1. We're having some nap struggles over here, too! Andrew actually is transitioning out of taking naps, while Peter is moving into sharing a room with Andrew, and they both want to stay up and play together during nap time. Naps didn't happen on Friday, and very little on Saturday. Andrew did okay, except for feeding off Peter's acting out all afternoon, but Peter was a MESS all afternoon both days. He's still not sleeping as long as I would like (waking up at 1:30 instead of 3!) but I'm hoping he goes back to full naps....

    Hopefully it's a phase (for Little Bear AND Peter!!!) and we can be back to normal functioning moms again. :)

    ReplyDelete