14 April 2018

Plan-laying

Best-laid plans, and all that... 

Here's what my ridiculous-elimination-diet-menu-planning process is looking like so far this evening:


Lots of crossing things out and moving stuff around! We're feeling pretty confident about suppers; as you can see, I filled in the easy part first and am now going back to figure out breakfasts and lunches. We're so used to just jotting down "leftovers" in the lunch column for most days and having it not really matter if there are actually leftovers because we can always have sandwiches, egg salad, cheese and crackers... With none of my typical backups as options now, I'm kind of feeling like I ought to have more things actually planned for lunches.

The "shopping list" column got divided to create a spot for "prep work," the idea being that when I look at the plan for Friday's supper, I'll also see that I need to find a recipe for gluten-free hamburger buns and thaw ground moose in order to be prepared for making burgers on Saturday. The biggest problem I run into with meal planning is frequent forgetting to pull meat out of the freezer early enough. It will be a lot more difficult to throw a meal together at the last minute without dairy, gluten or eggs, so hopefully having that extra column of reminders winds up being helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment