22 March 2018

Baby

I'd like to introduce our newest addition, "Otter"! 


Our largest baby yet at seven and a half pounds, Otter was unexpectedly born at home Sunday morning: thankfully two of the midwives with our birth center live nearby, because I woke up at 2am, they got here at 2:15, and Otter was born about ten minutes later! It was certainly not the birth we'd been expecting, but it worked out perfectly. He and I are both doing fine, and we are all so happy to have him here!  

Matt is able to stay home with us for a couple of weeks, for which I am very grateful! LB and Kit have been excited about Otter, but realistically they're probably more excited right now about having their dad home to play with them and do things with them while I'm busy with the baby. LB is still doing school this week, and has been so happy to have his dad here to do science projects with him! And I have not yet had to re-master doing everything one-handed, since Matt has taken on most of the meal-prep, and I've been able to hand Otter to Matt when I do need both hands for something. Maybe we'll work on that next week... Right now, I'm just enjoying sitting and holding this new tiny baby as much as possible!

2 comments: