11 June 2012

Corpus Christi

I meant to post this yesterday and life has just been too hectic... my apologies.  I'm still trying to get over the cold that had me down for the better part of last week.

Were you able to participate in any special events at your parish for the solemnity?  Our parish offered 24-hour adoration of the Blessed Sacrament leading up to the vigil celebration of Corpus Christi.  What a blessing to have the chance to spend time in prayer with Our Lord, preparing for the solemnity which in a particular way emphasizes the mystery of transubstantiation and our belief in the Real Presence!

Pope Benedict's reflections on the celebration of Corpus Christi (link below), particularly his discussion of processions, were beautiful.  Eucharistic processions are rare here, unfortunately; I think I've only ever seen one or two.  It would be wonderful to reestablish such an active, concrete sign of our calling to bring Christ into our communities!

Here are a few resources I found helpful in our celebration of Corpus Christi:

Information about the solemnity

Pope Benedict XVI's sermon for Corpus Christi with Fr. Z's commentary

Our pastor's sermon for Corpus Christi

A reflection on the Eucharist: The Miracle and Gift of the Eucharist

No comments:

Post a Comment