27 April 2014

Alex

Baby Alexandra Reese Shiffler, whom I've referred to the past two months as Squirrel, was born into eternity on April 26, 2014. We hope to have her funeral early this week. Please keep our family in your prayers.

I'm grateful for the timing, having such a direct reminder of God's love and mercy in today's celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday. Remembering to trust in the mercy of God, and entrusting my Alex to the care of her patron saint, St Alexandra of Rome, have been such a help these past few days. Likewise Little Bear's favorite Bible story which he asks to hear multiple times a day, where Christ says, "Let the children come to me. Do not stop them."

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly on us and increase your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Rosalie, I am so sorry! Praying for you to find joy amid your loss!

    PS I love her name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt and Rosalie,
    I'm so sorry to hear this. You're in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sorry for your loss! I'll pray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! We really appreciate your prayers.

    ReplyDelete