06 May 2014

Answer Me This

Linking up for another round with Kendra at Catholic All Year!

1. Are you becoming your mother?
We are certainly more alike than I thought we were when I was a teen; I hear myself saying things I grew up hearing her say, and I've consciously adopted quite a few of the family traditions she built with us kids. Our beliefs and values are very similar, at least as far as Church teaching goes. I don't think I'm actually becoming more like her, though: our personalities, our likes and dislikes, the way we respond to many things are all pretty different.

2. Coffee or tea?
Strictly herbal tea, sadly... I developed an allergy to caffeine in high school, and in college began having a similar reaction to caffeine alternatives like rooibos or ginseng. I worked in a coffee shop for a while after college, and eventually breathing in the dust around the espresso machine all the time was making me constantly dizzy and nauseous. It's too bad; I really liked sweet coffee drinks and chai lattes when I was able to have them!

3. What foreign country would you like to visit?
I'm honestly very content at home; foreign travel, especially at this stage in our lives, sounds like such a headache! Matt says that I should say the Lower 48... I do want to visit friends there again, and it's far enough from home--everywhere is, living in Alaska--that it practically counts as foreign travel. Daydreaming of traveling someday? The first places to come to mind are always Hawaii (not foreign, I know), Ireland, and New Zealand. 

4. Do you cry easily?
Not usually, but during pregnancy I'm more prone to it.

5. How often do you wear heels?
I'm inclined to say "rarely," but I guess I'm not sure what counts as "heels." I tend to think stilettos when I hear heels, and I definitely don't wear those very often. If heels includes wedges, then I do wear them more Sundays than not, and occasionally during the week during the non-winter months. Since the snow melted and we've been enjoying 70s all week, I've been alternating between little grey flats and a pair of incredibly comfortable wedge sandals.

6. Do you play an instrument?
It's been a while, but yes; I played violin and viola in school, and picked up classical guitar my last semester of college--I needed one extra elective, and it was that or Latin composition. Now that I haven't touched the guitar in years, I kind of wish I'd taken the Latin instead, but would I be using the Latin now if I had? Probably not... it would just be fun to say that I had a minor in it! Classical guitar was fun, though, and I should really pull it out again some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment