18 May 2014

Answer Me This


What a weekend... crazy, but definitely not in the way we expected. Little Bear woke up with a fever at 1 o'clock Saturday morning and has been a very sad child since then; it's so hard, holding him while he whimpers and tosses and turns and not being able to do anything to make it better. He was up from 4:45 until 6:30 this morning, and I slipped out to go to the earliest Mass in town while he and Matt slept. As soon as I got home he crawled back into my lap, and spent most of the day there.

Since I'm sitting on the couch holding him while he sleeps, I have time to play along with Answer Me This again this week. Check out more responses at Carrots for Michaelmas this week!

1. What's the scariest thing that's ever been in your yard?
A moose. I know they look like big placid deer in photos, but they can be deadly: we had one dog who was almost trampled to death by a cow moose after the cow got angry at the dog for barking at her calf. We get at least one or two bedding down in our yard over the course of each winter here, and when I was growing up and lived farther out of the city we saw moose frequently.

2. Beards. Thumbs up or thumbs down?


Thumbs up. Way up. I would be so disappointed if Matt ever got a job where they made him shave his beard!

3. If stuff breaks, can you fix it?
This is why women marry men, right? To have someone around who knows how to fix things? Kidding... I have a good working knowledge of how to use many hand tools and power tools, and can manage basic home repairs by myself. Matt's much better at fixing things than I am, though, and I'm always happy to let him handle repairs!

4. What was your first car?
I drove an '88 GMC Suburban--built like a tank and you could hear it coming a mile away--whenever I was home from college and for a few months after graduating and moving back to Alaska. The first car I actually owned, though, is our '05 Jeep Liberty, which Matt and I bought a couple of months before our wedding.

5. How often do you eat out?
We probably go out to eat roughly once every other month. There are days, though, when everything conspires against my meal-planning and I just can't get dinner made, and so we wind up getting takeout (usually Thai) or something easy to assemble from the grocery store... That usually happens once or twice a month.

6. Why is your hair like that?
Let me just say, I love the wording of this question... maybe it's just the way I'm mentally enunciating it, but "why is it like that?!?" is pretty much how I feel about my hair more days than not. It's nearly always pulled back in a braid or up in an alligator clip... boring, I know! But it's long enough that if I leave it loose it gets in the way and tangles awfully just in the course of everyday life with a toddler. I keep thinking about chopping it off, but I don't have the face shape for a short haircut that doesn't require more than running a brush through it in the morning, and I don't have the time or mental energy to do more than that each morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment