24 August 2014

The last Answer Me This?

Oh, no; Kendra is thinking of discontinuing Answer Me This! I hope she keeps it around at least as a once-a-month thing—I've really enjoyed participating!


1. What is your favorite picture book?
Blueberries for Sal, by Robert McCloskey. 

2. Are you a boycotter?
There are a few things I don't buy, like Starbucks and Girl Scout cookies, because of the direct nature of their support for inappropriate behaviors. But when it's more a question of "the CEO of X Corp supports Y," no. I don't keep up on the list of all of the companies that have ever given to Komen, etc. It's hard enough to keep a budget and shop for a single-income family in a high cost-of-living state without ruling out companies like Amazon and Walmart.

3. How do you feel about cheese?
Cheese is a gift from God to humanity. I don't think I've ever encountered a cheese I genuinely disliked. 

4. How many pairs of sunglasses do you own?
One, of the cheap plastic variety. I just know that if I ever get a nice pair, I'll lose or break them.

5. How long has it been since you went to the dentist?
Just a couple of months; I think it was late May or early June.

6. If you could visit any religious site in the world, where would you go?
Traveling honestly holds so little appeal for me... Visiting new places and religious sites sounds, no, I can't even say that. I want to say that it sounds nice in theory, but it doesn't, really. It sounds like something that other people do, something that I'm sure they enjoy, and I'm glad they get to go, and I love seeing their photos. But I'm not even the tiniest bit jealous, because the idea of me doing so is overwhelming. Even traveling to see family in the contiguous United States involves a 12- to 24-hour plane trip, usually with several hours attempting to sleep on an airport floor in the middle of the night, before we even get into a rental car and start driving; going anywhere else would be even farther away, even more insane of a trip. 

Oh! Okay, I have it: the California Missions. Only about eight hours of plane trip away, no passports, no language barrier; I loved seeing the Carmel Mission before Little Bear was born, and I think we would all enjoy visiting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment