01 February 2013

Seven Quick Takes Friday

I
Our week in 10 words or less: Twelve hours of overtime and two doctor visits.

II
What? That doesn't count for all seven? Fine...

III
Matt has been on call and working wonky hours all week. I can't wait for things to be back to normal on Monday! It's been particularly challenging the past few days when Little Bear and I have needed the car during the days; several times, I've had to wake the sleeping munchkin to go drop off or pick up Daddy.

IV
We finally had Little Bear's 6 month checkup, now that he's nearly 7 months and finally healthy. His net weight was the same as it had been a month ago, because of his illness, so we will be going back in about a month for a weight check, just to make sure he's back on track.

V
This morning we visited the dermatologist, who was very helpful and encouraging. She's pretty sure he just has baby eczema, and gave us samples of several very neutral lotions which I will hopefully be able to use to help him. I say "hopefully," because I have frustratingly sensitive skin on my hands, and break out in hives after applying most lotions.

VI
One good point about Matt working late all week has been that I haven't really had to make dinners... Little Bear and I are fine with a bowl of oatmeal or some yogurt. Tonight, though, I'm actually supposed to cook because Matt will be home at a semi-reasonable time. Not sure what to make; it has to be finished before I go pick him up, but not spoilt by sitting and waiting a half hour for us. Any ideas?

VII
Oh, and it's practically spring! (Stop laughing, husband.) The thermometer may not think so, but the sun does: we have seven hours of full daylight today, and are gaining seven minutes a day! Yes, it is below 0, but the sky is bright blue and the sun is sparkling off the snow, and I was quite comfortable in my dress boots and lightest winter coat this morning. It's so pretty out!

For more quick takes, visit ConversionDiary.com!

2 comments:

  1. What about homemade mac and cheese? It's still cooking (but ridiculously easy!), a good Friday night dish, and no self-respecting man I know would turn up his nose at that. :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! It's one of his favorites, too. Thanks!

      Delete