01 March 2013

Seven Quick Takes Friday, Vol. 21

I
Ever had one of those trips to town that just stretches on fffooorrreeevvveeerrr because nothing lines up quite right? That's been my morning:

Drop Matt off at 8. What's on the list today? Bank, dermatologist, mass. Gee, that doesn't sound bad at all... until I realize that the appointment is at 9, the bank opens at 10, and mass is at noon. What to do?

II
We live just far enough from town proper that it didn't make sense to go back home and take the baby out of his snowsuit just to turn around and go right back out, so Little Bear and I hung out at a nearby coffee house for about a half hour, when he started getting excited (loud).

III
Arrived at the dermatologist ten minutes early to check in, only to discover that 9 had been the check in time, and the appointment wasn't until 9:20. Entertained an increasingly unhappy child in the exam room for the next forty-five minutes, because the doctor was a little behind schedule. Good news, though: she thinks he has improved, and we don't have to come back for two more months.

IV
When we got to the car, it was 10. Good, the bank is open. Drove all the way across town; Little Bear fell asleep on the way over, so I was very thankful for their drive-through option!

V
An hour and a half left before mass. Easily time enough to go home, but I knew that if I did, we wouldn't be heading back in. I'd had as much crazy as I needed for one morning. It's been a while since we made it to daily mass, though. And I miss it.

VI
So how am I killing time? Sitting in the car in the parking lot of a store which I can't name, in case Matt is reading this, because I'm hoping that Little Bear will wake up soon and we can run in and get a present for Matt's birthday. The little munchkin is snoring away in the back seat, and I'm not about to wake him; it would be wonderful if he was well-rested enough to be happy and quiet all through mass.

VII
Because today is a First Friday, many of the local Catholic homeschooling families will be gathering for a potluck lunch and activities after mass in the parish hall, and I'm hoping to join them. We will see how Little Bear is doing!


For many sets of quick takes much more interesting than mine, go visit ConversionDiary.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment