24 March 2013

What I Wore Sunday {8}

Another last-minute Sunday, going from asleep to in the car in less than 20 minutes. I wish that didn't happen so often... we do have a good long drive to prepare for mass, though, so it's not too bad. We're getting this down to a science:
Wake up at 8:10.
Matt gets dressed and starts the car while I feed Little Bear.
I get dressed and pull a brush through my hair while Matt changes and dresses Little Bear.
Coats and boots on everyone and out to the car by 8:25, in order to make it to church by 8:50 for 9:00 mass.

Father reminded us this morning that our observances on Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Vigil are really all one liturgy; he pointed out that after he greets us "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" on Thursday, he will not give the trinitarian blessing again to close the liturgy until we reach the end of the Easter Vigil. To my shame, I cannot recall ever having noticed that before! I will have to pay better attention this Triduum.

Today's liturgical color was red, for which I was thankful: I could not think of anything purple to wear. I was feeling fairly proud of having remembered to wear the appropriate color three of the Sundays this Lent... and then I realized that 3 out of 6 would be an "F" if I was getting graded on this. Oh well.

Please ignore the ridiculous look on my face. Unfortunately, this was the best of the photos Matt took when we got home this morning!

Add caption

Cableknit sweater: thrifted
Skirt: thrifted or hand-me-down
Tights: Wal-Mart
Boots: same black boots as usual

For Palm Sunday attire that wasn't thrown together while dashing out the door, check out Fine Linen and Purple's What I Wore Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment