17 June 2013

What I Wore Sunday {19}

Joining the fun at Fine Linen and Purple with what we wore on Father's Day.


Alarm off. Take temperature. Morning offering. Feed baby. Check weather. One of these essential first steps didn't happen yesterday morning, and I wound up in a heavy, lined skirt and long-sleeved blouse on a humid 90-degree day in a church with no air conditioning. Yuck. I knew I should have set out an outfit the previous night while my brain was still on... I seriously lose the capacity for rational thought when it's hot and humid out.



Blouse: Sears
Cami: Fred Meyers
Skirt: thrifted
Shoes: Payless
Little Bear's outfit: thrifted

Poll: does he look like a girl in the blue and white checks? Matt thinks so.

Little Bear gets a B again this week for Mass behavior, although his daddy would tell you that I'm being unnecessarily generous. I felt sorry for the little guy though, with it being so uncomfortably hot, and his only real meltdown happened when we were already in the cry room with the door closed, so it didn't distract anyone else... A little girl about his age crawled over to where he was sitting on a kneeler--being good and quiet--and grabbed his hand and smiled at him, and he burst into tears and backed away from her. Okay, I get it, it's nap time.

We celebrated Father's Day low-key this year... Little Bear and Matt both got naps after Mass, we gave Matt a package of Lebanon Bologna because he's been on a specialty sausage kick recently, and Matt grilled moose burgers in the evening. Nothing exciting, but a quiet day to relax is always nice.

1 comment: